LOS ANGELES – March 23, 2023 – The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster today announced the professional lacrosse players set to be inducted into the Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame at the PLL’s Alumni Weekend, August 5 - 6 at Homewood Field in Baltimore. Lacrosse legends Ryan Powell, Jesse Hubbard, Ryan Boyle, Roy Colsey, Brian Spallina, and Greg Cattrano have been named to the 2023 Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame Class.
“True pioneers of our sport, our 2023 Hall of Fame Class is made up of MVPs, All-Stars, and champions whose contributions have continued beyond the playing field,” said Rachael DeCecco, Chair of the Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame Committee and VP of Lacrosse at the Premier Lacrosse League. “We look forward to honoring them among fellow alumni, current players, and fans at their induction at Homewood Field this summer.”
“I’ve long admired our 2023 inductees. Their on and off field performance and commitment to pro lacrosse inspires me,” said Paul Rabil, President and Co-Founder of the Premier Lacrosse League. “First players, now coaches, lacrosse analysts, and mentors to many, our 2023 Hall of Fame class represents the work ethic and perseverance it takes to succeed in professional lacrosse.”
Inductees to the Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame are nominated by a Hall of Fame committee member and receive a 75 percent majority vote of approval from committee members. Alumni of the Premier Lacrosse League and Major League Lacrosse are eligible for nomination to the Hall of Fame if they played in either, or both leagues for at least five years, and have been retired from professional lacrosse for three years.
To learn more about the Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame, visit https://premierlacrosseleague.com/hall-of-fame. Tickets to the PLL’s Baltimore games and Hall of Fame Induction will be available for purchase here.
Professional Lacrosse Hall of Fame – Class of 2023
Ryan Powell, Attack
- 2006 MLL MVP, Offensive Player of the Year
- Five-time MLL All-Star
- 360 career points (15th all-time), 189 career goals, 170 career assists (10th all-time)
Jesse Hubbard, Attack
- Five-time MLL All-Star
- 319 career points (23rd all-time), 225 career goals (19th all-time), 15 career 2-point goals (22nd all-time), 79 career assists
Ryan Boyle, Attack
- 2004 MLL Rookie of the Year
- Four-time MLL Champion with the Philadelphia Barrage (‘04, ‘06 ‘07) and Boston Cannons (‘11)
- Six-time MLL All-Star
- 487 career points (6th all-time), 192 career goals (25th all-time), 292 career assists (most all-time)
Roy Colsey, Midfield
- Three-time MLL Champion with the Philadelphia Barrage (‘04, ‘06, ‘07)
- 284 career points, 187 career goals, 65 career assists, 32 career 2-point goals (5th all-time)
Brian Spallina, Defense
- Seven-time MLL Champion with the Long Island Lizards (‘01), Philadelphia Barrage, (‘04, ‘06, ‘07), Chesapeake Bayhawks (‘12, ‘13) and New York Lizards (‘15)
- Two-time MLL All-Star
- 181 games played (3rd all-time), 221.5 penalty minutes (most all-time), 187 career groundballs
Greg Cattrano, Goalie
- 2002 MLL MVP
- Two-time MLL Champion with the Baltimore Bayhawks (‘02) and Philadelphia Barrage (‘04)
- Four-time MLL All-Star
- Three-time MLL Goalie of the Year (‘01, ‘02, ‘04)
- 799 career saves (14th all-time), 10.6 Goals Against Average, First-ever goalie to score a goal (June 26, 2004 against Rochester)
ABOUT THE PREMIER LACROSSE LEAGUE
The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) powered by Ticketmaster is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of eight teams rostered by the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar, philanthropist, and investor Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the PLL is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, The Chernin Group, Arctos Sports Partners, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), The Kraft Group, Bolt Capital and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL is distributed through an exclusive media rights agreement with ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN+. The PLL was named 2020 Sports Breakthrough by the Sports Business Journal, and recognized as a 2021 Best Employer in Sports by Front Office Sports. For more on the league, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague), YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL) and TikTok (@pll).